Grilled Sirloin Steak
|Sirloin steak||4 Pound (About 2 Inch Thick)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thyme leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1. Remove the steak from the refrigerator 2 hours before cooking. Trim off any excess fat, then score the remaining fat edge at 1-inch intervals so the meat will lie flat on the grill. Place the steak in a shallow 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish.
2. Mix the oil, vinegar, salt, thyme and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the steak. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
3. Prepare the grill so the coals are medium-hot.
4. Grill the steak 5 inches from the heat, brushing the steak several times with the marinade from the pan, for 15 minutes on each side for rare, 20 minutes on each side for medium and 25 minutes on each side for well done, or until the steak is done as you like it.
5. Remove the steak to a cutting board or a large platter. Let the steak "rest" for 15 minutes before slicing. Slice the steak 1/4 inch thick.