Coffee And Chocolate Encrusted Beef Tenderloin With Tortilla Sauce
|Beef roast||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Coffee beans||3 Tablespoon, ground|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn tortillas||2 (yellow)|
|Dried red chili||2 Medium|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, chopped|
|Chipotle and adobo sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Homemade chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oyster mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Using kitchen scissors roughly cut the tortillas in strips and then in squares.
3. Cut the top of the chilli and remove the seeds, and chop roughly.
4. In a plate mix together coffee and cocoa powder and set aside.
5. Rub the roast well with olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Roll the beef in the coffee mixture and coat well.
7. In a greased baking tray, place the roast and bake for about 10 minutes
8. Lower the temperature of the oven to 250°F and cook it until the internal temperature is 135°F.
9. Remove the beef out from oven and allow it to rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
10. In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and saute onion and garlic until soft.
11. Add 1 more tablespoon of butter, chopped chillies, tortillas, chipotle and adobe sauce, and allow to cook for 5 minutes more stirring occasionally.
12. Add in the chicken stock, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
13. Take the pan off the heat and puree the sauce using a hand blender.
14. Pass the sauce through a fine strainer, pressing with a wooden spoon.
15. Add in salt, brown sugar and cream and stir well to mix and keep warm.
16. In a pan heat butter and saute mushroom for about 5 minutes or until cooked.
17. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and set aside.
18. Slice the beef to desired thickness.
19. On a serving plate, spoon the tortilla sauce and place beef slices.
20. Serve hot topped with sautéed mushrooms.