Standing Beef Rib Roast
|Rib roast||5 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||4 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All pupose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more if needed)|
1. In a Dutch oven or pot on medium heat, put olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and saute it for 2 minutes or until onions are soft.
2. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, place the rib roast, fat side down and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with some more Italian seasoning and pepper on top, turn and brown on all sides.
4. Lower the heat to medium low, allow to simmer, put the lid on and cook until the internal temperature is about 150 F and the roast release its fat.
5. Remove the roast and set aside.
6. Drain of the excess fat, and leave about ¼ inch of fat in the pot.
7. Raise the heat to medium, and add in flour just enough to soak the liquid.
8. Stir and cook the roux until it cooks turns brown in color.
9. Pour in the broth, stir until smooth, raise the heat to medium high and bring the broth to boil.
10. Add in water, taste and season to taste.
11. Lower the heat to low and cook until it reduces.
12. Place the roast in the gravy and spoon some gravy on top.
13. Cover the Dutch oven with lid and allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, and flip the roast couple of times.
14. Carve the roast and serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy on top.