|Boneless beef top loin steak||20 Ounce, trimmed (2 Pieces, 10 Ounce Each, 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Large onions||12 Ounce, cut in half and sliced|
|Red pepper||1 Small, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed with garlic press|
|Canned chicken broth/Old-fashioned chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||8 , each cut in half|
|Loosely packed fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Plus Additional Sprigs)|
1. Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
2. Heat nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks; cook 4 minutes. Turn steaks over; cook 4 to 5 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired doneness. Transfer steaks to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
3. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion, red and green peppers, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in broth, vinegar, sugar, and cherry tomatoes; heat to boiling. Cook 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and stir in chopped fresh basil.
5. To serve, slice steaks and arrange on 4 dinner plates; top with pepper mixture. Garnish with the basil sprigs.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg26.9%
Sodium 346 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 114.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet