Corned Beef And Cabbage
|Corned beef||5 Pound|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use As Required)|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Cabbage head||1 Medium|
1. Place corned beef in Dutch oven. Cover with cold water. Add cloves, bay leaf, onion and celery. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. With a large metal spoon, skim off fat and meat particles from top of liquid.
3. Cover tightly with vac-control valve closed. Simmer 3 to 4 hours or until corned beef is tender. Add hot water during cooking period, if it is needed.
4. Cut cabbage into wedges, remove part of center core. Place cabbage on top of meat. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove cabbage with a slotted spoon to drain. Remove corned beef and slice.