Rolled Rib Roast Of Beef With Yorkshire Pudding
|Rolled rib beef roast||1|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||125 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Fat||4 Tablespoon (From The Roast)|
1. Rub all the surfaces of the roast with the salt and pepper and dry mustard.
2. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and cook in a moderate oven 350°F (180°C) for 25 minutes per pound (55 minutes per 1 kg). Keep warm, after removing from the roasting pan.
3. Make a gravy from the pan drippings and cook Yorkshire Pudding.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour and salt mixed together. Break the egg into the well and gradually stir in the flour. Add half the milk gradually until a smooth batter is formed. Beat with the back of a spoon facing upwards for 10 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. Allow the batter to stand covered for 30 minutes.
5. Stir in the rest of the milk just before cooking.
6. Grease 12 muffin pans or 1 large cake pan with the fat from the roast and pour the batter into the pans or pan and cook in a very hot oven 450°F (230°C) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up and crispy.