Beef Pot Roast
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet n low||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Beef pot roast||3 Pound|
|Bacon fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (If Roast Does Not Have Much Fat On It)|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
1. Mix together wine, vinegar, bouillon, salt, peppercorns, allspice, sweetener, bay leaf, and sliced onion. Pour marinade over roast, turn to coat, and marinate at least two hours or over night, turning once or twice.
2. Remove roast from marinade and pat dry.
3. In heavy pan, sear meat quickly on all sides in smoking hot bacon fat. Pour off fat. Reduce heat low.
4. Add marinating liquid. Cover and simmer until tender, about 3-1/2 hours.
5. Add celery during last hour of cooking. When done, place roast on a platter and keep warm.
6. Strain liquids then reduce over medium-high heat until liquid measures about 2 cups. Season to taste. Serve liquids with sliced roast.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3918 Calories from Fat 2681
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 297 g457.5%
Saturated Fat 119.4 g597.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 946.7 mg315.6%
Sodium 4462 mg185.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 269 g537.3%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 136.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet