How To Make Oven Grilled BBQ Beef Ribs
|Spare ribs||8 Medium, boneless, tenderized (beef)|
|For sweet spicy sauce|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Old bay seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chargrill barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more; Favorite type)|
|Liquid smoke||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat Oven to 325 degrees F.
2. SWEET SPICY SAUCE: In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Add enough of any favorite BBQ sauce to create a thick batter-like consistency.
3. On a cookie sheet, lay two layers of foil.
4. Dip the tenderized ribs into the sauce until thoroughly coated and place on foil lined baking sheet.
5. Arrange them in a single layer without overlapping.
6. Take two more sheets of foil and place it on top of the ribs and loosely seal the edges well.
7. Bake ribs in the oven for 1 hour.
8. After 1 hour, remove foil, flip the ribs & baste them with the rendered liquid.
9. Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes (if the ribs are thick it may take longer). Baste every 10 minutes.
10. After the 30 minutes, turn the oven to BROIL and broil each side for around 3 minutes. Baste and flip ribs. Continue to broil for another 3 min or till the sides turn crispy and sauce thickens.
11. Remove from oven, place on a plate and spoon the extra sauce from the pan over the ribs.
12. Let the ribs rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
13. In a serving plate, serve the ribs on salad or as it is with choice of dip.
The ribs can also be grilled.