Beef Pot Roast
|Beef||6 Pound (Round Rump / Chuck)|
|Beef suet||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wipe the beef with a clean, damp cloth.
2. Heat the suet in a heavy, deep saucepan or kettle. Add the onion and saute until golden.
3. Rub salt, pepper and flour into the meat. Brown it on all sides in the fat.
4. Lift meat, and put a rack under it. Add the water, cover tightly and simmer for about 3 hours. Turn the meat occasionally. If more gravy is desired, add more water.
5. Remove the meat from the pan and make gravy.