Broiled Fresh Tripe
|Parboiled tripe||2 Pound (Fresh Ones)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil / melted margarine / butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash tripe in cold, running water. Cut in 8 squares.
2. Boil 2 1/2 hours in water just to cover. Drain and dry on paper towels.
3. Start broiler, set for Moderate, 350° F. Rub the rack in the broiling pan with shortening or margarine.
4. Dip the pieces of tripe in the oil or other fat, then in crumbs. Place on the greased broiler rack and broil 5 minutes. Cook the smooth side of the tripe 3 minutes, then turn it and broil the other side 2 minutes.
5. Place on a hot platter, smooth side down, spread with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.