Roasted Prime Ribs Of Beef
|Beef rib roast||5 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and chine bone removed (3 Rib Beef Roast From Small End)|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (From About 3 Slices Bread)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Creamy horseradish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yorkshire pudding||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In medium roasting pan (14" by 10"), place rib roast, fat side up. In small bowl, combine salt, rosemary, and pepper. Use to rub on roast.
2. Roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat (not touching bone) reaches 140°F, about 2 hours 30 minutes. Internal temperature of meat will rise to 145°F (medium) upon standing. Or roast until desired degree of doneness.
3. About 1 hour before roast is done, prepare bread coating: From lemon, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. In small bowl, combine lemon peel and juice, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, and oil. Remove roast from oven; evenly spread mustard on top of roast. Press bread-crumb mixture onto mustard-coated roast. Roast 1 hour longer or until desired doneness.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Horseradish Sauce.
5. When roast is done, transfer to warm large platter and let stand 15 minutes to set the juices for easier carving.
6. Meanwhile, prepare Yorkshire Pudding. Serve alongside roast and Creamy Horseradish Sauce.