Extra Lean Curried Ground Beef With Potatoes
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato||1 Large, cut into small cubes|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chestnuts||2 , sliced|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
1. Cut potatoes, put in a microwavable bowl and cook for 10 minutes (this will soften the potatoes before adding to the curry later).
2. Heat oil and add onions, garlic and coriander powder. Fry over medium-high heat until slightly brown.
3. Add meat and cook, stirring until brown.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the rest of the ingredients.
5. Cover and cook over low heat 15-20 minutes. Serve over rice or with whole wheat chapattis.