Pathan Beef Stir Fry
|Beef fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch strips (750 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Ginger root piece||1 Inch, cut into strips (2.5 Centimeter)|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and sliced (Fresh)|
|Carrots||2 , cut into strips|
|Green bell pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried fenugreek||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
1. To make the marinade, mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the beef to the marinade, stir to coat, then cover and leave to marinate for 1-2 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok, add the onion and stir-fry until softened.
4. Stir in the ginger, chilli, carrots and green (bell) pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garam masala and beef with the marinade liquids, and stir-fry for 8-10 minutes until the beef is tender; it is best if it is still pinkish inside.
5. Stir in the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.