|Lean boneless chuck||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Instant beef broth/1 beef flavor bouillon cube||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Chili dumplings||8 (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Trim any fat from beef; cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Shake with flour, salt, chili powder, cumin and pepper in a plastic bag.
2. Melt enough fat trimmings in a kettle or Dutch oven to make 2 tablespoons drippings. Add beef, part at a time, and brown; stir in onion; saute, stirring, until soft.
3. Drain liquids from corn and beans into a 4-cup measure; add water, if needed, to make 3 cups; stir into beef mixture with instant beef broth or the bouillon cube; cover. Bring to boiling, crushing bouillon cube to dissolve, if used.
4. Simmer 2 hours, or until beef is tender. Stir in corn and beans; heat to boiling again.
5. While the vegetables heat, make Chili Dumplings. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls on top of boiling stew to make 12 mounds. Cook, 10 minutes; cover. Cook 10 minutes longer, or until dumplings are fluffy-light.