Corn Beef Harbert
|Dried beef||5 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Regular all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned pimentos||4 Ounce, cut into strips (1 can)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce (1 can)|
|Corn bread mix||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
About 45 minutes before supper:
1. Tear dried beef into medium shreds; then pour boiling water over it and let stand 1 minute; drain.
2. In large skillet melt butter; in it heat dried beef, stirring, until slightly crisp. Over low heat, blend in flour and pepper, then gradually stir in milk until smooth and thickened. Add pimentos and mushrooms; blend well. Pour into 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan.
3. Start heating oven as corn-bread label directs.
4. Prepare corn-bread batter as package label directs. Spoon it over dried-beef mixture.
5. Bake 20 minutes, or until corn bread is golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1939 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.4%
Saturated Fat 49.6 g247.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 447.7 mg149.2%
Sodium 6126.4 mg255.3%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 42.7 g
Protein 88 g176.5%
Vitamin A 112% Vitamin C 160.9%
Calcium 97.8% Iron 64.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet