Trout Filled Beef Tomatoes
|Beef tomatoes||4 Large|
|Trout fillets||3 Small|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Onion seeds||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), halved lengthwise|
|Shredded ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Peas/60 gram||2 Ounce (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chillies||2 , sliced|
1. Cut the tops off the tomatoes and, using a grapefruit knife, remove the flesh (use for a sauce or another dish). Cut the trout fillets into small bite-sized pieces. Preheat a moderate grill.
2. Heat the olive oil in a kadahi, wok or deep frying pan and fry the onion, onion seeds, curry leaves, garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds.
3. Drop in the pieces of trout and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, trying not to break up the pieces.
4. Throw in the peas and the fresh coriander. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes. Finally add the red chillies and mix in well. Season the mixture to taste with salt and use to stuff the tomatoes.
5. Place the tomatoes under the grill for 10-15 minutes, until they begin to brown on top.