Braising is a method wherein meat such as beef is simmered with enough liquid or moisture for a long time. This cooking technique does not only make the meat tender, it also lets the meat release its maximum flavor.
Beef chuck/Beef brisket
2 Pound, cubed
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Medium, diced
1 , chopped
1 Medium, peeled and chopped
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Ground black pepper
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in olive oil.
2. Sauté onion until soft and add dried thyme then put-in beef and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour-in red wine and bring to a boil.
4. Pour-in the beef stock and simmer until the beef becomes tender. This can be done using the following methods:
■Slow cook for 4 to 5 hours using a Crockpot.
■Cooking in low heat using stovetop or burner. 2 to 2 1/2 hours is the average time to tenderize the meat. Add water as needed.
■If you don’t have the time, you may pressure cook the meat for 40 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and celery then cook until the vegetables are tender.