Braised Beef with Red Wine
|Beef chuck/Beef brisket||2 Pound, cubed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Stalk celery||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in olive oil.
2. Sauté onion until soft and add dried thyme then put-in beef and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour-in red wine and bring to a boil.
4. Pour-in the beef stock and simmer until the beef becomes tender. This can be done using the following methods:
■Slow cook for 4 to 5 hours using a Crockpot.
■Cooking in low heat using stovetop or burner. 2 to 2 1/2 hours is the average time to tenderize the meat. Add water as needed.
■If you don’t have the time, you may pressure cook the meat for 40 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and celery then cook until the vegetables are tender.
6. Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
7. Share and enjoy!
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.2%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg49.9%
Sodium 614.9 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 52.4% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet