|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Lean streaky bacon||3 Ounce, rinded and chopped (75 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (Size 6)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Topside beef slices||1 1⁄2 Pound (About 700 Grams, Thin Slices)|
|Prepared english mustard||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Seasoned flour||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Onions||2 Medium, skinned and sliced|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1. Put the butter into a medium ovenproof glass bowl, and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts. Add the bacon and onion and mix well. Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent and microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes until the onion softens.
2. Remove the bowl from the oven, uncover it and add the parsley, breadcrumbs, herbs, egg, finely grated rind of V: lemon and 5 ml (1 tsp) of its juice. Season the ingredients very well with salt and pepper and mix them together thoroughly.
3. Trim the meat and flatten it between two sheets of greaseproof paper until it is quite thin. Spread the mustard thinly over each slice of meat, divide the stuffing evenly among the slices of meat and neatly roll up each slice to enclose the stuffing. Secure the rolls with wooden cocktail sticks or fine string.
4. Toss the beef olives in the seasoned flour, shake off the excess and reserve.
5. Put the oil into a shallow ovenproof casserole and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes until hot. Add the beef olives, turning them in the oil to coat them evenly and microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes, turning the meat frequently until it looks opaque. Remove the meat from the dish and put it aside.
6. Add the onions to the oil remaining in the casserole, cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes until the onions are softened. Stir in any excess flour and gradually blend in the stock.
7. Return the beef olives to the casserole and three-quarters cover the dish with cling film. Microwave on HIGH for 8-10 minutes, until boiling, then turn the beef olives in the stock. Reduce the setting and microwave on LOW for about 25-30 minutes until the beef olives are tender.
8. Carefully remove the cocktail sticks or string from each beef olive and adjust the seasoning, cover and leave the meat to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2570 Calories from Fat 1003
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.8%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 327.4 mg109.1%
Sodium 2574.9 mg107.3%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.8%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 230 g459.2%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 126.1%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 61.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet