Saucy Beef Bake
|Corn flakes/3/4 cup corn flake crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Canned tomato sauce||32 Ounce (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions only until tender. Drain well and set aside.
3. In mixing bowl combine contents one can tomato sauce, eggs, onions and seasonings. Add Corn Flake Crumbs; beat well.
4. Add ground beef and cooked macaroni; mix thoroughly. Press firmly and evenly into well-greased round 2-quart baking dish.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) about 1 hour. Meanwhile heat contents of other can tomato sauce to serve as accompaniment.
6. After removing from oven let stand in baking dish about 5 minutes; invert dish on heated serving platter and unmold. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g30%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.3 mg30.1%
Sodium 955.9 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet