|Diced pickled beets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground twice|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush.
2. Cook 30 to 35 min., or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, finely dice enough pickled beets to yield 1/2 cup.
4. Mix beef, egg yolks, cream, onion and capers and a mixture of salt and pepper together in a bowl.
5. Drain the potatoes. To dry potatoes, shake over low heat. Peel potatoes and set aside to cool. When potatoes are cooled, finely dice and blend into the meat mixture with the beets. Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hrs. to allow flavors to blend thoroughly.
6. Shape the meat mixture into patties about 3/4 in. thick.
7. Heat butter in a heavy skillet.
8. Put the meat patties in the skillet and cook over medium heat until brown on one side. Turn and brown other side. Allow 10 to 15 min. for cooking patties.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2450 Calories from Fat 1151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.2%
Saturated Fat 59.7 g298.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 892.9 mg297.6%
Sodium 2689.9 mg112.1%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 158 g317%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 175%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 102.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet