Beef And Asparagus Stir Fry
|Boneless top sirloin steak||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Asparagus spears||3⁄4 Pound|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||3 , diagonally sliced|
|Low sodium teriyaki sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hot)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon, toasted|
1. Cut steak into 1/8-inch-thick slices, set aside.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1 -inch pieces, set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef,- stir-fry 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Drain in a colander, and wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel.
4. Recoat pan with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus, mushrooms, crushed red pepper, and green onions, stir-fry 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Return beef to pan, add teriyaki sauce, and stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Place 1/2 cup rice in each of 2 bowls, top with beef mixture, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 669 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.7%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg40%
Sodium 882.8 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 61% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 56.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet