|Meat loaf mixture||2 Pound (Ground Beef, Pork And Veal)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Cabbage head||1 Medium|
|Sliced pared carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mixed)|
|Frozen fordhook lima beans||10 Ounce, partly thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, partly thawed (1 Package)|
1. Mix meat-loaf mixture lightly with eggs, bread crumbs, parsley and 1 teaspoon of the salt until well-blended; shape into 48 small balls.
2. Brown, half at a time, in a large frying pan; remove and set aside.
3. Pour all drippings from pan, then measure 3 tablespoonfuls and return to pan. Stir in onion and saute just until soft. (This much cooking can be done ahead, if you wish.)
4. Cut cabbage in half; slice one half in 8 wedges, then shred other half finely to make about 6 cups. Stir shredded cabbage into onion in pan; cook 2 minutes, or just until wilted.
5. Stir in carrots, mixed vegetable juices, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, basil and pepper. Arrange cabbage wedges around edge; cover. Heat to boiling, then simmer 15 minutes.
6. Stir partly thawed limas and peas into vegetables in frying pan; top with meat balls; cover. Cook 15 minutes longer or until limas are tender and meat balls are heated through.
7. Serve right from the frying pan or spoon into a heated shallow serving bowl, arranging cabbage wedges around edge.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3315 Calories from Fat 1573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.2%
Saturated Fat 57.5 g287.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1169.6 mg389.9%
Sodium 4941.9 mg205.9%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.7%
Dietary Fiber 52.9 g211.5%
Sugars 65.2 g
Protein 296 g592.9%
Vitamin A 647.3% Vitamin C 660.8%
Calcium 60.7% Iron 94.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet