Skirt Steak Ranchero
|Beef skirt steaks||2|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh lime juice||40 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons, 30 Milliliter Plus 2 Teaspoons Or 10 Milliliter)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Minced white onion||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large (Seeded, Diced, 3/8 Inch Or 1 Centimeter)|
|Green bell peppers||2 Small, roasted, peeled, seeded, deveined diced, 3/8 inch or 1 centimeter|
|Minced fresh coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Serrano chili||1 , minced|
|Refried beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Accompaniment)|
|Skillet red rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Accompaniment)|
1. Place steaks between pieces of heavy plastic; pound with flat side of meat mallet to 1/4 inch (6-mm) thickness. Cut crosswise into halves.
2. Pound 1 clove garlic with mallet to crush into coarse shreds; combine with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) each oil and lime juice and the black pepper in large, shallow, nonmetal baking dish. Add steaks, turning to coat both sides with marinade. Let stand, covered, at room temperature, turning occasionally, 30 minutes
3. Mince remaining garlic clove. Saute onion and garlic in remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in medium skillet over medium heat until soft, 3 to 4 minutes; remove from heat.
4. Stir tomatoes, bell peppers, coriander and chili into onion mixture. Add remaining 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) lime juice to taste. Let relish stand, covered, at room temperature.
5. Prepare coals for charcoal fire.* Remove steaks from marinade; pat dry with paper tow eling. Grill 6 inches (15 cm) from coals, turning once, until desired doneness, about 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
6. Transfer steaks to warm plates; spoon relish along side of each serving. Accompany with Refried Beans and Skillet Red Rice.