Shredded Beef Tacos
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Boneless beef chuck||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch / 2.5 centimeter cubes (450 Gram)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter, Pure)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained, chopped (1 Can / 410 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||12 (15 Centimeter)|
|Shredded mild cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Shredded iceberg lettuce||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Fresh tomato||1 Large, seeded, chopped|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat lard in 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook, turning frequently, until brown on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add chili powder, garlic, salt and cumin; cook and stir 30 seconds.
2. Add undrained canned tomatoes to skillet. Heat over high heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until beef is very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Using 2 forks, pull beef into coarse shreds in skillet. Cook beef mixture, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated and beef is moistly coated with sauce, 10 to 15 minutes. Keep warm.
4. Pour oil into deep, heavy skillet to depth of 1 inch (2.5 cm). Heat oil to 375°F (190CC); adjust heat to maintain temperature.
5. Fry tortillas in oil, 1 at a time, as follows: Fry tortilla a few seconds to soften. Using tongs, fold in half, holding slightly open to leave space for filling; fry, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper toweling.
6. Fill each taco shell with 1/12 of the beef, cheese, lettuce and fresh tomato, in that order. Garnish with coriander; serve immediately.