Roast Beef Stuffed With Wild Garlic
|Beef roast||4 Pound, rolled, boneless (2 Kilogram)|
|Hot prepared mustard||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Parsley||45 Milliliter, chopped (3 Tablespoon)|
|Minced wild garlic||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Peanut oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Water||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
– Prepare roast beef for stuffing by removing string and slitting the meat lengthwise to form a deep stuffing pocket.
– Spread cavity generously with hot mustard, sprinkle with parsley, add wild garlic and season with salt and pepper.
– Retie roast. Don't let the stuffing seep through, as it might burn during cooking.
– In an oven-proof skillet, heat oil and sear roast on all sides.
– Put skillet and roast in the oven and cook 15 minutes per pound.
– When the roast is done, transfer it to a serving dish.
– Over medium heat, deglaze skillet with beef stock and water.
– Reduce liquid by half and serve sauce with roast beef.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3720 Calories from Fat 1021
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.8%
Saturated Fat 31.3 g156.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1557.4 mg519.1%
Sodium 3436.2 mg143.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 600 g1199.6%
Vitamin A 75.9% Vitamin C 115.4%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet