Roast Beef Au Jus
|Flour||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Salt||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Celery salt||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Pepper||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dry mustard||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Paprika||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Garlic powder||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Sirloin roast||4 1⁄2 Pound (2 Kilogram, 1 Piece, Bone In / Boneless)|
|Beef stock||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– In a bowl, combine all seasoned flour ingredients, and keep in a tightly closed jar for future use.
– Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
– Dredge roast beef with seasoned flour and place in roasting pan with a rack.
– Sear roast beef in oven for 20 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 400 °F (205 °C).
– Cook roast beef 10 minutes per pound (per 450 g), for rare meat, 15 minutes per pound (per 450 g) for medium-cooked meat, and 20 minutes per pound (per 450 g) for well-done meat.
– Twenty minutes before the meat is done, baste with beef stock.
– You can use another tender cut, if you prefer. Get your butcher to prepare it. Remember that large roasts have more flavor.