Roast Beef With Wine
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Carrots||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Onions||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Leek||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Celery||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Dry red wine||60 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock||750 Milliliter (3 Cup)|
|Corn oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Boneless rolled roast beef||3 Pound (1 In Number, 1.4 Kilogram)|
|Ground pepper||2 Pinch|
– In a heavy skillet, melt butter and cook carrots, onions, leek and celery then add flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
– Deglaze skillet with wine and reduce liquid by half.
– Add beef stock and reduce by one-third, then set aside.
– In a thick-bottomed casserole, barely larger than the meat, heat oil, sear meat on all sides and season with salt and pepper.
– Pour in sauce and simmer for 1 hour, partially covered.
– Fifteen minutes before end of cooking process, add bouquet garni.
– Put the roast on a warm serving dish, cover with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice.
– If you want a thicker sauce, run vegetables and sauce through blender, but remember to remove bay leaf first.