Beef Nilaga or Nilagang Baka is literally translated as €œBoiled Beef€œ. This is a simple soup dish best served during rainy and cold weather. Have you noticed the similarity of this dish to that of the Bulalo and Beef Pochero?
2 Medium, chopped crosswise with length of 2 inches
2 Pound, cubed
1 Large, cubed
1 Large, chopped
2 Medium, chopped crosswise w / length of inches
3 Tablespoon (Patis)
1. Saute the onion until texture becomes soft
2. Add-in the beef brisket and cook for about 5 minutes
3. Add the fish sauce and whole pepper corn then mix well
4. Pour-in the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 to 2 hours (or 30 minutes if using pressure cooker)
5. Put-in the vegetables starting with the potato and the carrots. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
6. Add the bok choy (Pechay). Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Panlasang Pinoy has come up with another beef recipe called Nilagang Baka but this time it’s a soup with vegetables in it. Definitely this soup can be best enjoyed on a cold or rainy day or night. If you have been following Panlasang Pinoy's videos, you would find a lot of similarity in the cooking method. It starts with sautéing, simmering and serving. The only effort here would be to keep your eyes open if you don't understand Filipino.