Roast Beef In Red Wine With Green Pepper Sauce
|Beef roast||3 Pound|
|Red wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Drop|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄8 Teaspoon, finley pounded|
1. Trim and truss the beef if necessary. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a stew pan and fry the beef quickly. Make certain it is well browned all over. Place beef in a 325°F oven till thermometer reads 140°F (rare) or 160°F (medium) for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove beef and let stand while making sauce.
2. Pour the brandy in the stew pan, heat for a few seconds and set aflame, standing well back. As soon as flames have died, add the red wine and the green pepper. Heat over medium heat while stirring. Pour in the cream a little at a time and stir the sauce occasionally.
3. Season with soy sauce, lemon juice, and tarragon. Lower the heat and reduce the sauce.
4. Taste and correct seasoning. Add the remaining butter and mix well. Pour the sauce in a sauce boat and keep warm.
5. Wash the stew pan, check how red the beef is inside, put more butter in the pan and continue to roast if beef is not ready.