Island Style Short Ribs
|Lean beef short ribs||4 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Cut meat from bones; reserve the bones. Trim off as much fat as possible. Cut meat into cubes. Put meat into a bowl.
2. Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, ginger, lemon pepper seasoning, and garlic salt. Pour over meat. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
3. Saute onion in butter in a skillet. Remove onion; set aside.
4. Cook meat in skillet about 10 minutes. Add onion, marinade, and water. Put into a 2-quart casserole. Top with bones.
5. Bake, covered, at 325°F 1 1/2 hours. Remove bones and bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes, or until meat is tender. To serve, spoon broth over hot, cooked rice.