Roast Beef With Wine
|Beef rolled rump roast||1|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed in a garlic press|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Macaroni||10 Ounce, cooked according to directions on package (1 Package)|
|Grated kefalotyri cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle beef roast with salt and generously cover with pepper. Slit the meat with a small sharp knife in several places on a diagonal slant about 1 inch deep.
2. Mix garlic, oregano, and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fill each incision with some of this mixture. Pinch to close incision.
3. Place beef on a trivet in a roasting pan. Pour enough stock into the pan to barely reach top of trivet. Add the quartered onion.
4. Roast at 325°F until done to taste. (A meat thermometer will register 140°F for rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done meat.)
5. During the last 15 minutes of roasting, pour in wine.
6. Remove meat to a platter. Keep warm. Remove fat from pan juices. Toss in cooked pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1866 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g95.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.2 mg37.1%
Sodium 1968.6 mg82%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g77%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 92 g184.9%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 43.9%
Calcium 143.3% Iron 99.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet