Ground Beef In Pastry Shell
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Make pie dough: Cut flour, salt, and butter together. Add egg and cream and work together quickly; place in a cold place for about 1 hour.
2. Cut the chilled dough in equal parts. Roll out two strips about 9 by 5 .
3. Put one strip on a greased and floured baking sheet.
4. Heat butter in a skillet and add the mushrooms, onion, and beef.
5. Put the meat in a bowl, stir in parsley, egg yolk, milk, and seasonings. Mix.
6. Shape the meat into a loaf on the dough. Put the other dough half on top and fit together. Press the edges together with a fork.
7. Brush dough with beaten egg and slit holes on top with a knife. Bake in a 425°F oven for 45 minutes.