Braised Short Ribs Of Beef
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Powdered rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef short ribs||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling beef broth/Consomme||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.).
2. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and rosemary. Dredge the ribs with the seasoned flour.
3. In a skillet, heat the bacon drippings, add the onion and celery and saute five minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a heavy kettle with a lid.
4. Brown the ribs well on all sides in the same fat and transfer them to the kettle. Add the boiling broth and cover tightly.
5. Bake two and one-half hours. If desired, skim off excess fat and thicken the juices by stirring in a little of the seasoned flour mixed with cold water. Simmer five minutes and serve with the meat.