Braised Short Ribs Of Beef
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Powdered rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef short ribs||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling beef broth/Consomme||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.).
2. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and rosemary. Dredge the ribs with the seasoned flour.
3. In a skillet, heat the bacon drippings, add the onion and celery and saute five minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a heavy kettle with a lid.
4. Brown the ribs well on all sides in the same fat and transfer them to the kettle. Add the boiling broth and cover tightly.
5. Bake two and one-half hours. If desired, skim off excess fat and thicken the juices by stirring in a little of the seasoned flour mixed with cold water. Simmer five minutes and serve with the meat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5917 Calories from Fat 4854
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 539 g829.6%
Saturated Fat 235.6 g1177.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1077.5 mg359.2%
Sodium 6019.7 mg250.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 202 g404.4%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 87.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet