Rib Roast Braised In Wine
|Boneless rolled rib roast||5 Pound, rolled (1 Boned And Rolled Rib Roast)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped leek||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Peppercorns||8 , crushed|
|Cognac||2 Tablespoon, warmed|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
2. Dredge the roast with flour. In a Dutch oven, heat the butter, add the meat and brown on all sides.
3. Add the onions, leeks, carrots and garlic and saute until browned.
4. Add the wine and seasonings. Ignite the cognac and add. Cover and bake until the meat is tender, about four hours. If necessary, add more wine.
5. Transfer the meat to a warm platter and keep hot. Strain the sauce, correct the seasoning and pour over the beef.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4644 Calories from Fat 1136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g196.1%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g146%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1481 mg493.7%
Sodium 1938 mg80.8%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.2%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 417 g834.4%
Vitamin A 262.4% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 56.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet