Rib Roast Braised In Wine
|Boneless rolled rib roast||5 Pound, rolled (1 Boned And Rolled Rib Roast)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped leek||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Peppercorns||8 , crushed|
|Cognac||2 Tablespoon, warmed|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
2. Dredge the roast with flour. In a Dutch oven, heat the butter, add the meat and brown on all sides.
3. Add the onions, leeks, carrots and garlic and saute until browned.
4. Add the wine and seasonings. Ignite the cognac and add. Cover and bake until the meat is tender, about four hours. If necessary, add more wine.
5. Transfer the meat to a warm platter and keep hot. Strain the sauce, correct the seasoning and pour over the beef.