|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen southern style hash brown potatoes||2 Pound|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (Two 8 Ounce Cans)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pasteurized process american cheese||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
1. Brown the meat in a large skillet just until meat is no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Add green pepper and onion; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
2. Spoon half of meat-and-potato mixture into a 3-quart baking dish (13 1/2 x 8 3/4-inch) or two 1 1/2 quart casseroles. Cover with half of cheese. Spoon remaining meat-and-potato mixture into dish. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
3. Bake at 350Â°F 45 minutes.
4. Cut remaining cheese into decorative shapes.
5. Remove foil from dish and arrange cheese in a patchwork design. Let stand about 5 minutes, or until cheese is softened.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.1 mg19%
Sodium 713.3 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet