Sweet & Sour Beef Ribs
|Canned juice packed crushed pineapple||8 Ounce|
|Beef short ribs||1 1⁄2 Pound (2.5 Inches Long, 0.5 To 1 Inch Thick)|
|Sliced onion||1 Small, separated into rings|
|Canned unsweetened pineapple juice||12 Ounce|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pineapple rings||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Cut thick ribs in half lengthwise. Pierce ribs all over with a large fork. Place ribs, bone-side up, in a deep 2-quart casserole with lid. Top with onion. Pour in pineapple juice and juice drained from fruit.
2. Cover and microwave at 100% (high) 10 minutes. Microwave at 30% ( medium low ) 30 minutes.
3. Rearrange ribs, bringing ribs in center of casserole to outside edge. Be sure meaty sides of ribs are under liquid. Cover and microwave at 30% ( medium low ) 30 minutes or until fork-tender and no longer pink in the center.
4. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. While ribs are standing, combine drained pineapple, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic powder in a small bowl.
5. Pour off pan juices from casserole and remove onions. Turn ribs meaty side up. Pour pineapple mixture over ribs. Cover and microwave at 30% ( medium low ) 7 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with quartered pineapple rings.