Smoked Beer Marinated Beef Tri Tip And Other BBQ Recipes
|Tri tip beef||2 Pound (rinsed and pat dry)|
|Lager beer||12 Ounce|
|Mustard powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grand diamond all purpose seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Lager beer||2 Ounce|
|Apple cider vinegar||5 Ounce|
|Seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon (as mentioned above)|
1. Combine all of the ingredients for the beer marinade in a zip loc bag. Place the tri tip in to the bag, zip and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
2. Combine and mix all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Mix the basting liquid in a medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mixture to the basting liquid.
3. Prepare the BBQ pit for smoking. The heat should be between 150 and 180 degrees. (Tip: If necessary, use an internal thermometer to maintain the temperature.)
4. Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Rub both sides of the tri tip with the seasoning mixture. Allow the meat to come to room temperature before putting it on the grill.
5. Place the meat on the grill and smoke for about 4 hours. Brush it with the basting liquid after the first 2 hours. Turn it over and continue to smoke for another 2 hours. Raise the heat of the BBQ pit to about 225 degrees. (Note: For traditional BBQ pits, rearrange and/or add coals to raise the internal temperature somewhere between 225 to 230 degrees. Cook the meat away from direct heat. If an electric smoker is being used, raise the temperature to 225.) Cook for 1 to 1½ hours brushing it with the basting liquid every 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Once done, remove from the grill and wrap the tri tip in parchment paper and aluminum foil. Let the meat rest for at least 20 minutes.
7. Slice and brush with your favorite BBQ sauce. Serve and enjoy.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg32.5%
Sodium 850 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 51 g101.2%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet