Molasses-Apple Baked Beans
|Vegetable broth/Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Low sodium tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and grated|
|Great northern beans||6 Cup (96 tbs), drained and rinsed (Home Cooked Or Canned)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of the water or broth in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add water if necessary during this process.
3. Add apples, cover, lower heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer apples and onion to a 1 1/2-quart oven-proof casserole.
5. Add dry mustard, tomato sauce, molasses, and beans. Mix well.
6. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.