Puris are Indian breads made from unleavened wheat flour dough and deep fried. They are usually served as breakfasts or as evening snacks along with a serving of vegetables or pickle.
Curried puris in buttermilk sauce can be made from leftover puris too as a quick snack or lunch.
Directions for preparing the puris:
• Sauté the onions in oil along with the spices in a sauce pan till they begin to brown.
• Add the hot water, salt and seasoning and slowly bring to a boil.
• Next add the pieces of the puris, buttermilk and again bring to a boil and simmer with a lid on the pan. Cook till it is done.
• Serve with rice.
Directions for preparing the curried garbanzo beans in tomato sauce:
• Sauté the diced potatoes in oil.
• Add tomatoes, herbs, spices and the garbanzo beans.
• Add ½ of the drained water from the can to the pan and bring it to a boil.
• Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
• Turn the heat off and serve hot with rice or flatbreads or bread rolls.
Wanting to prepare a different lunch, easy and quick? Try the spicy curried puri in buttermilk sauce with leftover puris and serve with rice. Team up with curried garbanzo beans with potatoes in tomato sauce. Try this innovative style of cooking with easy tips from Bhal Dave.