In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Semi-Homemade Refried Beans. This recipe dresses up canned pinto beans to make an excellent side dish for a Mexican dinner.
Extra virgin olive oil
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
2 Clove (10 gm), mince (or toasted garlic)
15 Ounce, undrained (1 can)
1. Place a large pan over medium flame and heat olive oil in it.
2. Drop garlic in hot oil. Stir constantly and cook until soft.
3. Add pinto beans and give it a good stir. Turn the heat to low.
4. With potato masher or back of a spoon, mash beans to desired consistency.
5. Taste and season beans with salt.