We are on a green bean kick! While last week's delicious green bean recipe cooked the beans in bacon, today's recipe roasts them in olive oil. Roasted green beans are super easy to make and they have a wonderful flavor. They are a healthier alternative to french fries or potato chips.
2 Pound, washed and dried with ends trimmed
1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take the washed and dried beans and place them onto a large baking sheet.
3. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste. Toss the beans together until evenly coated.
4. Roast the beans in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the green beans turn slightly brown. Turn the beans after 20 minutes, while roasting.
5. Serve these roasted green beans hot or at room temperature with some ketchup.