This recipe takes just a few ingredients and it makes canned green beans taste delicious! If you want, you may remove the bacon before serving. You may also use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon to cut down on the fat and calories. Splenda or a sugar substitute may be used in place of the sugar.
14 1⁄2 Ounce, can (approx. 3 cans with liquid)
Black pepper powder
1. On a chopping board, take 1/4 of a medium yellow onion and either dice it or cut into small petals and set aside.
2. Take 1/4 pound of sliced bacon and cut into thirds and set aside.
3. In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, place the bacon and cook until the bacon is light brown, but not crispy.
4. Once done, pour in 3 cans of green beans with the liquid. Add sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir well.
5. Now add the diced yellow onions on top of the green beans and cover the saucepan with a lid. Bring the contents of the saucepan to a light boil on high heat. Then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 35 - 45 minutes.
6. Serve the easy green beans with a bowl of rice.