Fairway's Mitchel London and Dan Glickberg prepare a great little dish to celebrate springtime: fava bean crostini. Some garlic, pecorino, sea salt, and you're good to go. Learn how to impress your guests with this quintessential spring time appetizer.
For the spread
2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled
1 Clove (5 gm)
2 Tablespoon, grated
Cracked black pepper
1 , slice
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shave
1. Peel the fava beans, keep it in a bowl.
2. In a large pan put some water and cook the fava beans cook for 10 minutes and let it rest in ice cold water bath for 5 minute.
3. In a food processor add garlic, sea salt, grounded pecorino, sprinkle fresh pepper and olive oil, drizzle while blending slowly.
4. Blend it until you achieve a spread like consistency once done then keep it aside.
5. Spread the paste on the toasted crostini bread and garnish it with pecorino shaving.