Today I am going to show you how to make this easy healthy side dish that goes with just about anything including fish, beef, chicken and pork.
1 , mince
1 Pound, washed
2 Clove (10 gm), mince
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slice
1. Wash and trim the green beans, mince the onions and garlic, set aside.
2. In a pan saute the onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 30-40 minutes on medium low heat, stirring frequently.
3. Add the garlic when onions have caramelized and cook the garlic for additional 3 minutes.
4. In a steamer pour water, steam the green beans for 5- 15 minutes. Initially bring the water to a boil on high heat and then reduce the heat to low and continue to steam the beans.
5. After 5 minutes check the beans and see if it is fork tender, if not then continue to steam.
6. Once the beans are done, drain the water and place the steamed beans aside.
7. Once the onions are done add the green beans and toss them well, season with salt and pepper, stir and top it with sliced almonds.
8. Serve the fresh green beans along with your roast chicken.