1. In a large stock pot pour water or low sodium chicken stock and add the turkey wings and over medium heat cover the pot and let the smoked turkey simmer for 1 hour.
2. In the meantime discard any pebbles or unwanted object from the beans, rinse under running water.
3. Chop the onions, celery, bell pepper; thyme and mince the garlic add this to the stock pot along with the red beans.
4. Add the all-purpose seasoning and stir, let it simmer for 2 ½ hours, cover with the lid.
5. Occasionally stir the beans every half hour or so during the cooking process.
6. Serve the beans over a cup of cooked rice or with cornbread.