Kidney Bean Stew with Millet Pilaf
|Millet||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded and minced|
|Cooked kidney beans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. In a dry saucepan toast the millets on medium heat. Toast them for 5 minutes. Keep stirring constantly.
2. Notice the grains popping. Add salt and water. Let it boil.
3. Cover the saucepan. Turn the heat down.
4. Simmer 30 minutes so that the water gets absorbed.
5. Prepare the stew.
6. In a large skillet warm oil.
7. Add onions, pepper and carrots. Cook keeping the skillet covered for 15 minutes, so that the carrots get tender.
8. Keep stirring in between.
9. Add cooked beans, tomatoes and herbs.
10. Taste and adjust seasonings.
11. Place millet on every plate. Spoon the kidney bean mixture in the center.
12. Serve Kidney Bean Stew With Millet Pilaf garnished with chopped parsley.