Herbed Soybean Casserole
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Soybeans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, liquid drained and 1 cup reserved|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Crookneck squash/Zucchini||12 Ounce, unpeeled and thinly sliced (2 large size)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 300°.
2. In a large pan melt butter and saute onion until transparent, then add next 4 ingredients.
3. Simmer adding beans and reserved liquid for about 15 minutes.
4. Butter a large casserole, pour in 1/3 of the beans and cover with a layer of tomatoes and then a layer of squash.
5. Repeat layers once then pour remaining beans on top and dot with butter.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and cheese, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
7. Serve the casserole with melted cheese and pepper bits on the top.