Beans in Round Dogs
|Fat||1 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|For bean mixture|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Apple||1 , grated|
|Beans in tomato sauce||2 1⁄4 Can (22.5 oz) (2 large cans)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
|Chili sauce/Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Make slits along the Frankfurter sausages at equal inside on one side.
3) In a frying pan, melt fat. When hot, add in the sausages. You will see that as they cook they begin to curl up slightly.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the canned beans in tomato sauce along with the grated onion and apple. Also, add in the brown sugar, chilli or Worcestershire sauce, mustard and chutney.
5) Transfer the bean mixture into a saucepan. Cook for about 10 minutes. Alternatively, cook the mixture in the oven for about 25 minutes.
6) To serve, place the Frankfurter sausages on warm sliced rolls or toast. Top it with the bean mixture.
7) Serve any remaining bean mixture on the side.