Beans in Round Dogs
|Fat||1 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|For bean mixture|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Apple||1 , grated|
|Beans in tomato sauce||2 1⁄4 Can (22.5 oz) (2 large cans)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
|Chili sauce/Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Make slits along the Frankfurter sausages at equal inside on one side.
3) In a frying pan, melt fat. When hot, add in the sausages. You will see that as they cook they begin to curl up slightly.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the canned beans in tomato sauce along with the grated onion and apple. Also, add in the brown sugar, chilli or Worcestershire sauce, mustard and chutney.
5) Transfer the bean mixture into a saucepan. Cook for about 10 minutes. Alternatively, cook the mixture in the oven for about 25 minutes.
6) To serve, place the Frankfurter sausages on warm sliced rolls or toast. Top it with the bean mixture.
7) Serve any remaining bean mixture on the side.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.4 mg18.1%
Sodium 909.4 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet