Green Beans Hollandaise
|Young green beans||2 Pound (fresh)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Hollandaise sauce/Mayonnaise mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For hollandaise sauce|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (1/2 stick)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
1. To prepare beans wash them in cold water, drain and trim ends.
2. In a large, heavy saucepan place them adding salt and boiling water to 1 inch below top of beans.
3. Cook covered 20 minutes until tender.
4. Drain well, return to saucepan and toss with melted butter.
5. Turn into heated serving bowl and serve with hollandaise sauce or mayonnaise-lemon mixture.
To make the hollandaise sauce :
6. In top of double boiler, with wire whisk or fork, slightly beat egg yolks.
7. Slowly stir in the melted butter and gradually add boiling water, beating constantly.
8. Cook, stirring, over hot water (water in double-boiler base should not touch pan above) just until thickened.
9. Remove double-boiler top from hot water and gradually beat lemon juice, salt and red pepper into sauce.
10. Serve with desired garnish immediately or cover and keep hot over warm water until serving.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg51.7%
Sodium 388.8 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.2%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 2% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet