Corn and Bean Main Dish
|Cooked pinto beans||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs), dry|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Quart (Made From Skim)|
|Egg whites||3 , slightly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take an 8-by-12-inch casserole and spread beans over the bottom.
3) Take a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients in it.
4) Melt margarine and combine with egg whites and buttermilk.
5) Stir together the dry and wet ingredients until smooth and pour over the beans. The mixture should be very wet.
6) Bake on the top rack of oven for about 30 minutes or until bread turns golden brown in color and its sides begin to pull away from the pan.
7) Cut in large squares and serve hot.
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1095.6 mg45.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.6%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 22 g44.1%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet